Greened up Orange Julius

Homemade Orange Julius smoothies were a treat at our house when I was growing up. And it was one of the few things I knew how to "cook" before I left home. I had the recipe memorized. Yum!

Fast forward 12 years. I haven't made Orange Julius smoothies once since I got married. What? This had to be remedied.

So, of course, I figured out a way to "Green it up".  Now it's yummy and nutritious! Probably still a little high in natural sugars because of the refined juice, but sometimes you just gotta have something sweet.


Greened Up Orange Julius
by Shana Galbraith

Ingredients:

3 cups unsweetened vanilla Almond milk
1 cup (2 big handfuls) spinach
1 large kale leaf
2 packets truvia
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 bananas (the texture is best if you've previously cut up your bananas and frozen them)
1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/3 of a container of orange juice concentrate (Not diluted - use the concentrate straight from the can)
1 cup ice

Directions: 

Add first 3 ingredients to blender. Blend.
Add the rest of the ingredients - blend again.  Enjoy.

This recipe made enough for 2 adult sized servings and one kids sized serving. Or - last time I made it, I put the kids sized serving into 6 popsicle molds, and now I have the perfect treat for a hot summer day. If hot days ever get here in Idaho. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I coudl convince myself that this is dessert...the perfect way to satisfy my sweet tooth but in a healthy way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...