BUT - this recipe is delicious. I took the Creamy Avocado Pasta recipe from OhSheGlows - here .
And it was pretty good. But I made some tweaks to make it even better. The secrets?
*MORE avocados - because, seriously, who doesn't like avocados?
*And the ultra secret weapon? A packet of Truvia! Yes - sweet in a savory dish. It makes the dish well rounded and satisfying.
But don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself!!! This dish is a must try for any busy cook because it's fast, healthy, and delicious. Yum Cubed. :)
(Click on the READ MORE link below for the rest of the recipe!)
This seriously hits the spot for creamy delicious pasta goodness - minus the guilt! Because the only cream in this dish comes from avocados. Tons of heart healthy fats - and no animal fats. Yay! Serve it with a side of steamed asparagus and some orange slices and you have a super quick, super healthy dinner. Voila!
So, you can find the original recipe in the link above, Or, you can use my adaptation. Either way - no judging here. ;)
Creamy Avocado Pasta
adapted by Shana from Oh She Glows's fabulous recipe
- 2 medium sized ripe avocados, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil - a definite must!
- 2 -3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 packet Truvia sweetener
- 1 package whole wheat linguine - cooked al dente
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 7-8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the avocados, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, basil, olive oil, black pepper, and truvial into a food processor. Process until smooth.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings. (I fed my family of 5, but 2 of those kids don't eat a full serving size. :D)
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy it! If you try it, tell me about it. I LOVE comments. :)