Jamba Juice Orange Berry Blitz knockoff

I LOVE me some Jamba Juice.

So, I decided to try my hand at making one at home.

And I figured out how to:

1. Make it taste almost identical to my favorite flavor, Orange Berry Blitz (which they have discontinued, but you can still request they make it for you)
2. Make it cheaper at home
3. Make it 10 times healthier by omitting the sherbet, and adding kale, flax meal, spinach, and chia seeds - which you can't even taste!

Yay!
Please forgive the crappy photo - one day I'll improve. Maybe. :)

So, without further ado, here's my recipe for a DIY Orange Berry Blitz.  My kids love it, and my husband claims it's better than the Jamba Juice Original.

Enjoy!

Knockoff Orange Berry Blitz 
by Shana Galbraith

2 cups orange juice ( I used calcium fortified)
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 large leaf kale
2 large handfuls spinach
(Blend here to make more room for extra goodies)
Then add:
1 packet Truvia
1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 cup frozen blueberries
1.5 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup ice
Blend again.

This made enough to serve all 5 in my family - but 3 of them were kids :)  - and their portion sizes were smaller. I'd say it would make 2 very generous adult sized servings.


1 Serving =
300 calories
6.2 g fat
11.1 g fiber (44% of your daily needs! :D)
6.9 g protein
120% RDA of Vitamin A
326% RDA of Vitamin C
31% RDA of Calcium
22% RDA of Iron
It's also high in Manganese and Potassium

Take that, breakfast cereal!


I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. 

1 comment:

  1. I have read your recipe and its really amazing thanks for sharing this recipe with us. Plant based meal plans

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...