My Go-To Green Smoothie Recipe


Green Smoothies. The name alone inspires fear. But I am addicted. Plain and simple. LOVE them.

I've had a lot of people ask me for a recipe. So, I decided to put it here on my blog instead of sending out dozens of emails. Anyway, this is my most favorite, go-to recipe for green smoothies. It's even sweet enough that my kids will drink it - and my neighbor kid asks for it when he comes over. :)


Shana's Go-to Green Smoothie:

Start with:
1 cup water
1 cup 100% apple juice   -   I've tried prune juice too, and that was pretty good - if you like prune juice. ;)
2 leaves kale or swiss chard (I like kale better)
2 handfuls of spinach leaves
2 stalks celery

Blend all these so you can fit more goodies into your blender.

Add:
1 cup frozen tropical fruit (my mix had mangos, strawberries, and pineapple)
1 banana, sliced and frozen
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 packet Truvia - you can use any brand of stevia sweetener, but I like Truvia because it doesn't have a bitter aftertaste like the others
1 cup crushed ice

Blend. Enjoy!

If you want to find out more, I read the book "The Green Smoothies Diet" by Robyn Openshaw



Or you can find her videos here: http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/videos/videos-page-1/

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for sharing this recipe with us. It's really amazing. Plant based meal plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog
    more tips

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...