"Throw it Together" Easy Weeknight Dinner

Yesterday, I was feeling pretty crummy. Headaches are one of nature's blessings, right? ;)

Anyway, I didn't wanna put a lot of time, effort, or thought into dinner. So I scoured my fridge and pantry to see what I had on hand. And this is what we did for dinner.

Green Smoothies:


Baked potatoes : Peel, dice, toss with olive oil and seasonings of your choice. Bake at 425F for 30 minutes.


And a Green Salad with diced apples, cooked quinoa, chopped brazil nuts, and honey mustard dressing.

 More specific deets on the salad:

2 c green leaf lettuce, shredded
1 c cooked quinoa
2 gala apples, diced
1 handful brazil nuts, chopped
Honey Mustard dressing - which is why the apples in the pic look yellow. :)
Toss all together, and enjoy.


This meal was satisfying - quick - and nutritious.
Not only do you get your whole day's worth of fiber from the green smoothie alone, but you also get plenty of protein from both the smoothie and the quinoa in the salad.

I LOVE me some easy dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...