A Big Salad

Every time I hear "Big Salad", I think of Seinfeld.

This episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIViqfPutQ  (Youtube won't let me pull up an embed link right now, grr...) 

Anyway, today for lunch, I had a big salad.    I kid you not - it was a big salad.

See?

This picture doesn't do it justice. This wasn't just a normal sized cereal bowl. This was a full on serving bowl. Filled with delicious veggies. yum!

Here's what I did - these amounts are all approximate. I just eyeballed it.

My favorite BIG SALAD

3 ginormous handfuls of chopped green leaf lettuce
2 handfuls shredded carrots
10 to 12 broccoli florets
1 handful frozen peas, slightly thawed
1 handful sliced mushrooms
2 handfuls alfalfa sprouts
1 diced roma tomato
1 handful diced english cucumber
1 diced avocado
1/4 can black beans
1 Tbsp chia seeds
3 Tbsp honey mustard dressing  (I promise the recipe is in this post - it's just a ways down)

I think I could eat this salad every day for lunch. It's that good. My hubby even likes it. He complimented me on a salad. And getting a compliment from him is like pulling teeth. He offered this one up freely. :)

There you have it. Now, go make yourself a Big Salad and enjoy your veggies.



1 comment:

  1. big salads for lunch are totally my kind of deal! this looks large and in charge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...